June 26, 2009
10 Quick Ways to Motivate by David Javitch: Employee Management
1. Praise the employee for a job well done–or even partially well done.
2. If an employee is bored, involve that individual in a discussion about ways to create a more satisfying career path, including promotions based on concrete outcomes.
3. State your clear expectations for task accomplishment.
4. Ensure that the job description involves a variety of tasks.
5. Ensure that the employee sees that what she’s doing impacts the whole process or task that others will also be part of.
6. Make sure that the employee feels that what he/she is doing is meaningful.
7. Provide feedback along the way, pointing out both positive and negative aspects.
8. Allow for an appropriate amount of autonomy for the employee based on previous and anticipated accomplishment.
9. Increase the depth and breadth of what the employee is currently doing.
10. Provide the employee with adequate opportunity to succeed.
Retrieved from “5 Employee Motivation Myths Debunked” by David Javitch: Employee Management : http://www.entrepreneur.com/humanresources/employeemanagementcolumnistdavidjavitch/article202352.html on Saturday, June 27 2009.
January 20, 2009 Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are...