5 reasons why taking the last week of the year off was a good thing.January 2, 2013
My last few days of 2011January 2, 2013
January 1, 2012
2011 has been a great year for me (both personally and in my professional life). Like all my previous efforts, I have had my share of successes and failures in meeting my goals/expectations.
- I was blessed with two beautiful daughters on 21st March 2011 (Sara and Samaira). They have brought great joy in our lives. Even today, I am amazed by the way they surprise me. I realized, sleep is a very rare commodity once you have kids (at least in the beginning)…
- For almost 5 months my wife (Avni) and my daughters were in India. This period was an eye opener for me. I missed them but it allowed me to be productive in a different way. It gave me time to rethink my goals in life. I was paying more attention to detail. I started to re-evaluate my current state and began to set achievable goals.
- In these 5 months, I attended a lot of conferences and seminars. Made new friends and started networking seriously. I was introduced to Brian Tracy and I can tell you, his writing and videos have had a serious impact on me.
- I visited India to bring back my wife and kids. My brother (Monil) and my sister-in-law (Esha) accompanied us too. This was the time when the whole family was together. I know my parents had one of the best moments with all of us.
My professional life has always been exciting. I have always tried to get things done (sometimes by following the protocol, sometimes by finding a work-around). Every day I learn something new when at work. At work, I have already defined the goals for the year and our team will together strive to achieve them.
This year, me and my wife received our Green Card. This ended the 4.5 years of wait during the processing period. It gives you a great sense of freedom and excitement once you have your Green Card. You are free to take more risks.
2012: The year ahead – resolution
- I have set a goal in mind (to grow professionally and personally). To accomplish it, I’ll be setting many small goals daily. Each day, I’ll be moving forward towards the big goal.
- I’ll be spending more time with my family and stay healthy.
- Like last year, I’ll be interacting a lot more with everyone I know. Quote: Personal contacts is the key to success.
- I’ll be blogging/micro-blogging about my daily experiences in life and will try to engage my friends and near ones
- I’ll be updating my website – https://www.nainil.com (layout & content)
- The words: personal financing, wealth creation and real-estate will have a new meaning to me this year.
- I will be working smart! Delegate what I can and focus on the core issue.
- I have observed that success loves speed. Starting immediately, what I do will be done with perfection but at a fast pace.
I guess one thing that I along with everyone suffers is the lack of insight on “What are you trying to make happen?”. But this year, I will be focusing on this question to move forward with my goals for the year. Welcome 2012!