An event that made me even closer to my familyJanuary 2, 2013
2012: A year of goals setting and executionJanuary 2, 2013
January 5, 2011
Every year, I try to take the last week off from. Here are my 5 reasons to do so:
- Refresh: Taking the last week of the year simply helps me refresh my thoughts. It’s a very clean way of taking a break and starting out fresh for the new year.
- Re-Organize: By the end of the year I sometimes feel I have a lot of small items which I need to finish and mark completed. This time gives me an opportunity to take care of all these nitty gritty items.
- Completion: Every year, I like to look back and list all that I have accomplished. I like it when things are done so that I can cherish it for sometime and them move forward. It’s like a gift to myself. I was once told, “You should treat yourself once in a while”. This keeps me motivated.
- Communication: One of my goals as always has been to be more socially active. This time of the year, I believe my communication increases by means of social networking channels and the usual humane way.
- Plan: The new year is ahead of me and I can now plan things for the future. These are the things that are under my control. I choose to plan what I want to accomplish and my new years resolutions take into effect here. (Read More: Looking back at 2010 and Thinking Forward for 2011)
This year, I have already planned my vacation for the year by Day 4 of 2011. I plan to take the last week off again.