2010: The year aheadJanuary 2, 2013
LA-Tokyo BridgeJanuary 2, 2013
January 2, 2010
In my early childhood years, there were some moments when I did not listen to my parents and did not like their decisions. Then I came to US and started to live without my parents for my Masters. That was when I missed my parents the most. My respect for them increased and I then realized “Parents are always correct”.
I am a very big fan of the quote(s) from the movie Godfather
- A man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man.
- Fredo, you’re my older brother, and I love you. But don’t ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever.
- Never tell anybody outside the family what you’re thinking again.
With my 28 years of binding with my family, I have inherited the following guidelines while learning from my family:
- Always respect your elders
- Never go against the family
- The parents are always correct when they give advice; even if you don’t like it
- (In Business & in Life) Never trust anyone other than family. Listen to everyone but don’t tell anyone what’s inside your head.
- There is no reason to be afraid if you are telling the truth
- Read to learn and not just to study
- From our childhood, we all know what is right and what is wrong.
- Life is simple. We choose to make it complicated. Keep it simple
- Donate but “Anonymously”
- Visit your native place at least once a year
- Learn from observing. Work your way bottom up. This way you know how to manage people.
- Always respect those who cannot afford. These are the people which teach us life and show us the real value of money.
- Take a vacation with Family at least once a year. Enjoy Life!
- Stories that teach you values are stories you should pass on (share) and never forget.
- Never take any gifts
- Education should always be undertaken in one of the finest schools
- Never make fun of others. Everyone has feelings.
- Health is wealth. If there is no health, wealth does not matter. (Exercise, Green Vegetables, Fruits, Milk) *
- Lead by example;motivate others and don’t be evil (be nice).
- Stick to your principles.
Some quotes which I respect
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness
- Smile: God loves you
- Get up early; Work till late; Strike Oil.
- Simple Living, High Thinking
* Areas marked are those which I still need to implement more in my existing life.
These days when I look at my parents and my family, I realize that time does not wait for any one. I choose to spend as much time possible with them. By observing the “Family Guidelines”, I believe to have made a balanced decision in embracing values which I’ll be able to pass to the generations to come.