Social media is not just an online networking medium to stay in touch with your personal network. It has evolved as a powerful marketing platform that enables direct connection and two-way communication. Enabling your consumers to directly interact with your brand will help you drive traffic to your website and boost your ranking.
Building your site’s credibility through social media
There are far too many websites providing similar information. Even before you can verify the credibility of a site, search engines take the onus to provide you with the most credible sources of information. But, how do search engine bots evaluate an abstract human concept like credibility?
Search engines takes into consideration a combination of factors for website validation. Some of the main factors are the quality of incoming and outgoing links, a clean site, traffic volume, navigation and XML sitemaps.
Social media allows you to directly build your credibility amongst your users and reinforce your authority in front of the bots. Users are more likely to trust fellow users and hence when what you share on internet goes viral, search engines are bound to take notice.
Search engines have acknowledged this and now factor in social media popularity as one of the measures of credibility of a site or content. Google +1 is based on similar vouching system. Anyone on social media can share and thus vote for a link you create. And, since they are connected to a personal and/or professional network of people, your link stands a much greater chance of being viewed by far too many people on social networking sites.
Social media marketing tips
Following is a list of social media marketing essentials to drive value from your social media engagements.
- Know your target group and engage with them in the right social medium platform.
- Keep your communication interesting and consistent but professional.
- Do not always share company centric information – Diversify your content but keep it relevant and engaging.
- Your content should allow your users to contribute to the conversation.
- Respond immediately to user requests, as your fast response will definitely influence user’s opinion about your brand.
- Track your visitors/fans/follower on social media and study their behavior to evaluate better tactics for engagement.
- Do not go for paid advertisements immediately after launching your profile – Test to see what works.
- Incentivize sharing of your content.
- Measure your efforts continuously and improvise.
- Include engagement and reach in your KPIs.
Remember that efficient use of social channels will most definitely help you drive traffic to your website, allowing you to influence them further through the compelling content on your site.
- social media marketing
- top social networking sites for businesses
- search engine marketing companies
- social media business marketing
- social network marketing company
- enterprise social network
- social networking for businesses
- social networks for business
- small business social media marketing
- social media and content marketing
- social networking for business marketing
- social media marketing online
- social networking marketing plan
- social media marketing business plan
- social media marketing certificate online
- free social media marketing tools
- top 10 social media sites for business
- smx social media marketing
- social media for business marketing
- how to social media for business
- social marketing software
- best social media marketing company
- social network marketing companies
- social media marketing for small business
- measuring social media marketing